Friday, May 20, 2011

Trying something new.

Considering the fact that there will be a new little baby Swensen by early August I thought a new name for my blog would probably be appropriate.  So I have renamed my blog A Mommy and her Mess Monsters.  The Mess Monsters is a name affectionately given to the kiddos by their Daddy because everything they do, it seems like, creates a mess.  I decided that since the blog was getting a name makeover it should also be given a content makeover.  So, from now on, it will contain recipes, crafts, stories and possible venting at times. 

I love being creative and making things.  I always have.  I excelled at projects in school that required creative thinking and making something rather than writing a paper.  I don't really have any of these projects, mostly because about 80% of the time the teachers would ask to keep it so they had it to display to the years of classes to come.  I didn't really take that for the compliment it was at the time, but you do get smarter as you get older. ;-) 

Something that is close to my heart is called a Mother Blessing shower.  I will write a completely seperate post explaining what this is, because it is so awesome it requires its very own post.  Anyway, I am hosting a Mother Blessing shower for a friend of mine in a couple of weeks and wanted to have some custom decorations instead of the typical blue, pink, yellow tear down and throw away decorations that typically grace the walls.  I love to make things, but have found it to be increasingly difficult with our growing family. A 2 1/2 year and 14 month old don't really understand that Mommy just really needs a break.  Well, today my kiddos blessed me with a 3 hour nap, during which I decided it was time to get the creative juices flowing.  I had already picked up all of the scrapbooking paper that I needed, so I made large circles on the back with a large mixing bowl and cut them out.  I glued them all together and then made glitter letters on them.  Here is a photo just to give you an idea and when I get it completed I will post some photos of the finished product. 

I can't guarantee I will take lots of pictures to post and make a tutorial, but I will always be happy to share how I made something.  I also can't guarantee I will be very consistent when it comes to posting, but I will try.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment