Friday, June 11, 2010

Dirt, caterpillars, drums and little boy business

This is my Jasper, or as I usually call him "Jazz", "bug", "bug bug", or mister mister".  He is such a happy little man.  This picture is his shout out to Aunt Katherine, Aunt Michelle and "Aunt" Kristen.  This little guy brings many smiles to my face throughout the day.  He reminds me why I love being a Mommy on days (like yesterday) that I question if I was really cut out to do this.  Right now he is all snuggled up in his swing sleeping peacefully, while his sister zooms around the room constantly asking for some of my gummy bears after she has eaten all of hers.  He definitely stole our hearts the second he was born and hasn't stopped stealing them since. 

Here's the problem:  I don't have a clue how to take care of a little boy!  Cleaning up after a messy diaper is totally different.  Don't listen to people if they tell you it is SO much easier than cleaning up after girls.  You have to move things around and there are still wrinkles and stuff, they're just in different places.  Making a decision about circumcision can definitely cause a rift between spouses. (Luckily Jason and I were pretty much in agreement from the start on what we would do.) CLOTHING!!!  Oh where do I begin with clothing!?  I may not be a super fashionista, but I do know that I don't want to dress my little guy in sweatpants ALL the time.  Almost every garage sale I have been to that is all there is, sweatpants, sweatpants and even more (you guessed it) sweatpants!  Where are the jeans?  Where are the cords?  And then after all that, I start to think about a few years from now, when he wants to wreak havoc on his sister and bang on everything that makes noise and dig in the dirt to find that big juicy worm that is just "so awesome!"  As with everything else in life it will be a learning experience.  Maybe I think taking care of a girl is so much easier because I am one, I don't know, but I do know that life is never going to be dull with the dynamic duo around.

No comments:

Post a Comment